Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Texas school board keeps ban on boy's long hair - Yahoo! News

Sexism is alive and well. You notice the issue is not that he has long hair, but that he's a BOY with long hair: the hair dress code for girls does not prohibit this.

And by the way... that's "long, flowing hair"? Yeah, right.

Texas school board keeps ban on boy's long hair - Yahoo! News

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ugh. That's Texas for you. I went to public school just north of Houston from 79-91. I don't recall there being a ban on long hair on boys (my middle & high school years were graced with they heyday of the mullet.) I do remember specific prohibitions against boys sporting rat tails. One vice principal in particular would actually cut them off in his office until a parent threatened to sue the school district.