Vows - Beth Ashley and Rowland Fellows - NYTimes.com:
“I had remembered a boy with brown tousled hair and dimples,” she said. “Then out of the restaurant came this 83-year-old man with white hair, though he still had dimples.”
Almost immediately, they reconnected, and he suggested they take a trip together.
“She didn’t want to at first,” he said. “I promised we would have separate rooms. I guaranteed twin beds.”
But that wasn’t the problem.
“I didn’t think I could travel with him because he is a Republican,” Ms. Ashley said. “I said I thought I might kill him. Then he suggested we go to Maine, and that was irresistible.”After Maine came trips to Newfoundland, Iceland, Costa Rica, North Korea and China.
It was in Shanghai, in their hotel room one night after dinner, where Ms. Ashley received that long-awaited kiss.
“It felt completely natural,” she said. “I felt as if I had come home. I had found the person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.”
Shortly after that trip, Mr. Fellows presented her with a ring of sapphires and diamonds, and proposed.

No comments:
Post a Comment