New book on sex differences: Pink Brain, Blue Brain.: "Lise Eliot, a professor of neuroscience at the Chicago Medical School of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, is the author of the new book Pink Brain, Blue Brain. It’s about how small brain-based sex differences grow into troublesome gaps and what we can do about it, to paraphrase the jacket copy. I reviewed the book for the Washington Post and then talked to Eliot about her ideas for DoubleX."
2 comments:
I'm reading Anne Fausto-Sterling, "Sexing the Body" right now, and recommending it to everyone. It's not perfect, but she does good, important work as a biologist and feminist social scientist exposing how the cultural construct of binary gender has shaped and to some extent pre-determined scientific findings about biological sex difference.
Good stuff. But now I'm extra snarky about pop-science gender theory. (As if *I* needed to be any more snarky about *anything*...)
Oooh, that sounds both good and interesting. Heh. I may pass that one on to my previous Pysch of Gender prof...
Snarkiness seems to be going around. I am proudly embracing my Royal Snarkiness at the moment, with good support from Friends and friends. Heh.
And this is definitely an issue that provokes snark.
(Actually, I tend to be snarky about a lot of pop science, but then, I have training in science, so...)
Thanks!
Post a Comment